Wednesday 10 July 2013

Bratwurst from the Dancook Box Grill

 
During my trip to Germany I stumbled op on these awesome bratwurst sausages. Now I have always loved a good sausage, but these are one of the best bratwursts I have ever had. 




In this video I also cook over direct fire and show how you will be able to not pop the skin on your sausage. This way your sausage will be super juicy and still have grillmarks. 
Actually they aren't grillmarks, because the marks are where the grill is not. I call these "reversed grill marks".

Preparing a sausages is ofcoarse very easy. But still not having your sausage casing pop is a real challenge. The trick is patience, distence between the heat and the sausage, a quality sausage.

Ingredients:
  • The best bratwurst you can find
  • Ketchup
  • Mustard
  • Fine chopped onion
  • Fine chopped pickles

How To:
  • Place your brats above a low heat direct
  • It will take about 10 minutes on each side
  • Build your sandwich