Rolled and Stuffed Pork Loin
Ingredients:- Pork loin 1,5 kg
- Pecan nuts 200 grams
- Powder Sugar 2 tablespoons
- Honey 3 tablespoons
- Dryed apricots 250 grams
- White port 500 ml
- Apricot marmelade 5 tablespoons
How To:- Set the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the pecan nuts with the honey and powder sugar
- Place the pecan nuts on baking paper sheet and place it in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Let the nuts cool down again.
- Boil the apricots in the white port until they turn soft
- Let the apricots cool down.
- Cut open your pork loin. Start a 1/3 of the filet when you reach the end. Continu at half the thickness of the pork loin
- When you opened your pork loin sprinkle it with salt and pepper
- Chop the pecan nuts and apricots
- Sprinkle the pecan nuts and apricots on the pork loin
- Roll the pork loin and wrap it with butchers twine
- Start your barbecue and add a wood chunk to your fire and smoke your pork
loin indirect at 180 deg Celsius (350 deg Fahrenheit)
- Smoke until the core reaches 63 deg Celsius
(145 deg Fahrenheit)
- Glaze the pork loin with apricot marmalade in the last 10 minutes, make sure it doesn't burn.
- Carve the prok loin at the table.