Ham Hock, maybe not the most popular piece for a dinner, but for ow and slow on the grill its excellent. See how to prepare one in the video.
- Ask your butcher for a couple of uncooked ham hocks, scin and fat off.
- Rub them with olive oil and your favorite dry rub.
- Smoke them at 225 degrees Fahrenheit or 110 degrees Celsius for 3 hours
- Wrap them in tinfoil, add barbecue sauce and 50 grams of butter.
- Cook them for 2 more hours at 110 degrees celsius of 225 fahrenheit.
- Take them out of the foil and save the juices from the meat and the sauce.
- Cook them some more and in the last 15 brush on the juices from the tinfoil 3 times.