How To make Ham
This recipe will absolutely make your sunday brunch SUPERLICIOUS. Check out the video on how to make this ham.
- 1 kg pork loin
- steak dry rub
- butchers twine
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 20 black peppercorns
- 6 cloves
- 6 tablespoons of browne sugar
- 6 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 cups hot water
- 4 cups cold water
- 6 tablespoons bourbon
- Dissolve the sugar and the salt into the hot water. If bnecessary place the water over a stove and stir.
- Put the rest of the brine ingredients into a ziplock bag, together with the pork loin. (the bag should be at least 4 liters)
- Put the ziplock bag in a bowl and place it in the fridge for 18 hours
- Rinse of the brine from the pork loin
- Shape the pork loin nice and round with butchers twine.
- Give the pork loin a generous coating of steak rub.
- Smoke the porkloin on a barbecue or cook it in the oven at 110 degres Celsius or 225 degrees Fahrenheit until the core reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit or 63 degrees Celsius
- Let the pork loin cool down completely ( the flavours are strond, it will go great on a sandwich)
- Remove the butchers twine and slice it thin.