Home made waffles are super easy to make. So why not make even more fun, by making them on an old fashion waffle iron.
Ingredients: (4 waffles)
- 150 gram butter
- 150 ml Milk
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 1 bag vanilla sugar
- 300 gram self-raising flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- sunflower oil
- Set up your barbecue for direct grilling
- Melt the butter on low heat
- Add the milk with the butter and let it cool down.
- Pre-heat your cast iron waffle iron if you are doing this on the grill.
- Whisk the eggs and add the caster sugar and the vanilla sugar. Keep on whisking till you get a creamy substance.
- slowly add the self-raising flower and the salt to the eggs while whisking.
- oil up the waffle iron
- fill the waffle iron with batter
- Let the waffles cool down on a grate and they will get crispy.
(Tip: make sure you have enough, you will probably mess up one or two waffles the first time.)