GRILLED SARDINES, fresh from the sea. Prepared on the BIG GREEN EGG mini. This video recipe will show you how to do it yourself.
-500 gram sardines
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- a handful fine chopped parsley
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- salt & pepper (seasoning)
How To clean sardines
- Take the head of the sardines
- Make an incision from back to front and take out the guts
- Butterfly the fish by pushing your thumbs along the spine
- Take out the spine by pulling it away from the meat.
- Pull out the back fin.
How to grill sardines
- Sprinkle the sardines with salt and pepper
- Prepare the green sauce by mixing the, olive oil, salt, parsley and garlic.
- Set your barbecue to direct grilling, low heat. The sardine is a delicate fish.
- Grill the sardine for about a minute
- While grilling brush on the green sauce
- Serve with pasta putanesca and white wine