Saturday, 27 December 2014
Peking Duck Recipe
PEKING DUCK VIDEO RECIPE -- HOME MADE PEKING DUCK --
如何在家里做北京烤鸭 --In this video I will show you how to make peking duck at home (Beijing Duck)
A special thanks to Jan Dirk Zonnenberg http://partyz.nl/
PEKING DUCK RECIPE
- 1 large whole duck
- 1 tablespoon maltose http://amzn.to/1vkOMbF (also known as barley malt syrup)
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons 5 spicepowder http://amzn.to/1msRCSn
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce http://amzn.to/1ooRvvJ
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil http://amzn.to/1sjZOeQ
- 2 tablespoons water
- small pancakes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThCWROxJxA8
- 1 cucumber sliced in to strips
- 1 spring onion
-Take a large, fill it 2/3 with water and bring the water to a boil
- Clean the inside of the duck
- Slice the orange and add to the boiling water
- Add a spoon of maltose or barly malt syrup to the boiling water.
- Submurge the peking duck in the bloiling water for 30 seconds (when you don't have a large eough pan, just por over the boiling water with a spoon)
- Let the duck to dry in front of a fan for 7 hours or just by air for 24 hours. (get your fan at amazon http://amzn.to/1q0Jbib )
- Place the duck in a preheated oven or barbecue which is set to indirect heat of 180 Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit Make sure you have a large dripping pan under your duck.
- Cook the duck until the core reaches 70 Celsius or 160 Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile prepare the pancakes (steam them in a basked) follow the directions on the package.
- Mix up the ingredients for the sauce
- When the duckk reached the right temperature let it rest for 15 minutes outside the barbecue or oven.
- Carve the crispy skin of the duck
- Place the cucumbur, spring oninons, sauce and peking duck in the pancakes and enjoy.
Posted by Pitmaster X