On of those funny recipes that you will never forget about.
Besides funny this is also a great way to get your chicken to stand up and sit in the perfect position to get roasted. The biggest advantage is maximum exposure to hot air on the skin, so it gets crispy al the way around. Add a great rub to it and you will have the best roasted chicken availeble.
- a whole chicken
- olive oil
Dry Rub (for 2 or 3 chickens) (bbq pit boys recipe)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Paprika
- 4 tablespoons Coarse Salt
- 3 tablespoons Coarse Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Celery Seed
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Rub the chicken with olive oil, this will help the dry rub to stick to the chicken and will also help the get a crispy skin.
- Apply the dry rub
- Open the beer can and drink 1/3 of the beer.
- Cook the chicken indirect at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius
- This should take about an hour, but the cooking time realy depends on the size of the bird.
- If you measure the core temperatur it should be around 75 degrees Celsius 165 degrees Fahrenheit
Check out this video on how to make the recipe.
Oh..., almost forgot to teel you that this recipe will work great in an oven too.