Seabass is my altime favourite fish. We used to go fishing on the beach for this fish and when you hooked one it was always a guarantee for a spectacular show. Its a real hunter and strong fish. This is alsow where my love for the flavours of this fish comes from. It has nice white meat, with a little pink in it. The trick when you cook is not to over power the fish with other flabours.
I love to (hot) smoke this fish on my barbecue. So I hope you will enjoy this fish too.
Ingredients: (2 people)
- 2 Seabass (total 1 kg)
- 2 grate garlic cloves
- 1" grated ginger root
- olive oil 3 tablespoons
- pepper and salt
- Lemon juice, half a lemon
- Fine chopped parsley (3 stalks)
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the fish. (marinate)
- Carve the fish
- Put the marinate on the fish
- Place the fish on a upside down roasting rack
- Add a chunck of wood for smoke flavour
- Smoke at 180 degrees celsius, or 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Smoke for a bout 20 minutes. When you pinch the fish and you can touch the bones. Then the fish is done.
Don't forget to check out this video